In addition, plastic cards can be used a wide range of ways.
The quality and durability of plastic cards means they are used in lots of situations. Though they allow for incredible visual designs, plastic business cards can also have extra technological functions added to them.
Many businesses take advantage of using plastic cards because of their diverse usage.
- Plastic Can Be Eco-friendly
- In addition to lasting longer, plastic cards are readily recycled instead of winding up in a landfill.
- Some PVC cards are biodegradable after four years when they are in contact with soil and composite.
- Any business wishing to lower its impact on the environment, should be using recycled business cards.
- Free Instant Plastic Card Quote
For any questions about printed plastic card and to learn more about our competitive pricing, please fill out the form below. PLASTIC CARD PRINTERS
Not all plastic card printers are made equal, and finding the one that is best for your business can be difficult.
We can help you find the perfect plastic card printer, at a price that you can afford. Plastic Card ID offers: You’ll have top-notch service from veteran ID professionals.
Our easy-to-navigate website will let you browse through all the top printer brands.
Honest product reviews from real customers Trust our experts for support at every step of the process. Trust our experts for knowledgeable support before, during and after you make your purchase.
Top 5 Factors You Should Consider Before Buying an ID Card Printer
Shopping for an ID card printer doesn’t have to be an overwhelming prospect. Instead, you can focus on these key factors to narrow your search. 1) Single or Dual Sided Printer
Most printer brands make single-sided and double-sided printers.
It’s cheaper to buy a single sided printer, but less convenient because you have to manually flip the card to print to the reverse side. Single sided are less expensive but require you to manually flip and re-print to the backside of the cards. 2) Dye Sublimation or Reverse Transfer
Dye sublimation printers are the most common and least expensive type of printer.
They infuse color onto cards with a ribbon with panels, but they have a tendency to leave a white border on each card. Reverse transfer printers (also called re-transfer) utilize a ribbon and transfer film for a higher quality print that offers full-bleed with no border. 3) Volume Requirements
Companies that print larger batches will need printers with larger hopper sizes, faster print speeds, and high yield ribbons.
Companies printing small batches can save money with a handfed only printer or printers without high-volume features. 4) Lamination & Visual Security Laminating ID cards significantly adds to the cost of them while also increasing their durability, but this is essential for cards which will be regularly swiped through a reader.
Lamination can also be used to add holograms for high security.
Some other security options to consider include hologram stickers and watermarks, along with special durable card stock. 5) Connection Type
All card printers can be connected directly to a PC using a USB cable.
If you need to connect to a Mac, be sure to select a printer with Mac compatibility. You will need to select a printer with Ethernet capability if you plan to connect to multiple computers or a network. What are PVC ID Card Printers?
A PVC card printer is just another term for an ID card printer.
PVC, short for polyvinyl chloride, also means plastic, and while the majority of the time people think of pipes and construction, PVC is a very durable type of plastic that’s great for making and printing ID cards. A PVC card printer can be used to refer to any kind of ID card maker. How Do PVC Card Printers Work?
PVC plastic card printers can use a variety of methods to transfer a design onto a card. The most common techniques to print on PVC cards include dye sublimation and reverse transfer. Dye Sublimation
The most popular method of ID card printing, dye sublimation printing, uses a ribbon which has panels of the three primary colors (yellow, cyan and magenta) along its entire length.
While the card is printing, a print head with heated elements goes over the ribbon. It evaporates the ink on the ribbon where appropriate, transferring it to the PVC card. Dye sublimation is a term commonly used with color PVC card printers - for a black and white PVC card printer; this process is called resin thermal transfer.
Badgy 200 Printer
For a demonstration of the Badgy Printer or to download a brochure, go to: https://www.evolis.com/plastic-card-printers/badgy200-card-printer
A dual-sided printer is not needed to print on both sides of the card.
You don’t need a dual-sided printer for printing on both sides of your cards.
This single-sided printer can print on both sides! Simply manually flip the card over and run it through on the backside of the card after the initial printing.
This can save you approximately $600, which is the cost difference between single- and dual-sided card printers.
A COMPLETE SOLUTION
Badgy gives you a turnkey solution for PC or Mac. It consists of a plastic card printer, the Evolis Badge Studio card personalization software, and a pack of consumable supplies (blank plastic cards and a color ribbon) for 100 prints.
A free card template library is also available at www.badgy.com that allows you to personalize any template with text, your business’s logo, and more. PRINTING ON DEMAND Badgy200 allows you to print your own cards instantly and completely independently.
Print your badges as you need them - as single cards or in small batches. SAVING TIME
The Badgy200 has a consistent output of 95 color cards every single hour.
You’re able to import data from a database, adding information to your card designs with ease, and launch a print run of your badges with including variable data.
MORE ROBUST BRANDING
The Badgy200 printer provides personalized plastic cards with professional-looking, edge-to-edge printing that will highlight your organization’s brand image.
EASY TO USE The Badgy200 is installed and used just like a standard office printer.
You load the cards in the feeder and retrieve them from the output hopper, both located on the front of the printer.
The Badgy Premium Suite lets you control your printer from your computer and receive notifications and status updates. The Badgy print ribbons are simple to install and automatically recognized.
COMPACT: The Badgy200 printer is smaller than a letter sized sheet of paper, allowing it to fit into any workspace.
- The Badgy200 is incredibly lightweight – only 9 pounds.
- Personalized Card Badges
- Badgy allows you to print your own professional-quality custom badges whenever and wherever you want. It is truly the ideal solution for any business that needs to print plastic cards for any occasion.
- A Card Printer
If you can print your cards on paper, you can print them on plastic.
- Badgy prints your superior quality badges in full color, and you’re able to print badges at your complete and total convenience.
- Badgy200 card printer
- Product Features
- Easy operation
- The versatile Evolis Badgy200 system is easy to install and works like any office printer.
- It has a compact, lightweight design that can be used comfortably in any office space.
- Evolis presents the Badgy200 solution created to assist customers with printing professional-quality brightly colored badges with ease.
- Badgy200 can fulfill all of your printing card needs when instant card production or graphic personalization is required for single cards or small batches.
- The Badgy200 color card printer is great for creating and printing personalized employee visitor and event badges or library student and membership cards.
- Badge Studio Plus and Badgy Premium Suite for Windows
- Badgy comes with a single installation CD that includes the Badge Studio + software, card templates, and the required printer driver.
- Design and print professional-looking, edge-to-edge badges or ID cards with the Evolis Badge Studio + software, included with Badgy200.
- Badgy is compatible with PC and Mac operating systems and allows you to make custom and individualized badges quickly!
- With the Badgy Premium Suite for Windows software, you can easily control your printer from your computer.
- Printer management and configuration tools, complete with graphic notifications
- 24/7 online support
- Get a free card template library at www.badgy.com, where you can personalize a template by adding text, logos, photos, and more.
- Color Ribbon, Cards, and Power Accessories
- Gift and loyalty cards
- 100 blank PVC cards - standard credit card size
- Installation CD, including the printer driver, Badge Studio Plus software, and card template
- USB cable
- Power supply and power cable
Evolis Badgy200 System Description The Evolis Badgy200 system is an affordable solution, perfect for low volume card printing applications. This printer is ideal for both experienced and novice users!
The Badgy System includes:
Evolis Badge Studio, that comes with card personalization software (which is compatible with Mac and PCs)
An extensive online card template library
A consumables pack, that includes plastic cards and a ribbon
Badgy offers a 25-card input/output tray at the front, ribbon loading at the top, and the USB and power connection at the back of the printer.
Additionally, an LCD control panel makes the printer easy to operate.
Quality and cost effectiveness The Badgy200 prints photographic quality plastic cards in full-color designs that cover the entire surface of the card. Badgy is capable of printing readable barcodes.
Your card printing costs will fit into your budget easily, whether you’re printing one card or a hundred.
You’ll use far less power by resting in hibernation mode whenever the printer is out of use.
The Badgy 200 color ID card printer is ideal for creating and printing personalized employee visitor and event badges or library student and membership cards.
In addition, it prints quickly with a color YMCKO print speed of 95 cards an hour and a monochrome speed of 325 cards an hour.
Premium Suite includes:
Full-color YMCKO ribbon with a 100-print capacity
Personalize and print badges or ID cards with the Evolis Badgy whenever you need them, in batches or one at a time: Staff ID badges
Event badges Visitor badges